• During his Q&A with fans at the Real Steel truck earlier today, July 21st, Hugh let some information on the upcoming film about Wolverine surface. ScreenRant has posted a brief summary of some interesting details — including the villain! There are SPOILERS below, so read the excerpt and check out the video at your own discretion:
I’m filming Les Miserables in February, but before that I will be filming Wolverine 2 in October. Chris McQuarrie has written a fantastic script and it should turn out really good. I’ll fight the Silver Samurai in it so that should be exciting. Most of the filming will take place in Japan.
• Fans who don’t want to read spoilers but may be interested in musicals should know that Hugh confirmed Les Miserables will start filming in February 2012.
• Entertainment Weekly has also posted a video from today, featuring Hugh talking about Real Steel and his fans. In it, he touches on how his upcoming robot boxing movie is, in fact, more than boxing robots. Because the video can’t embed, you’ll have to visit EW.com to view it.
• MovieWeb has uploaded some videos that feature the Real Steel giveaway earlier today, as well as an interview. There’s some closer look at the two robots – Atom and Noisy Boy – and some footage of Hugh onstage as well.
• Another video of Hugh talking about Real Steel has been released, this one from Associated Press. In it, he discusses the special effects on the film, as well as appreciating his Comic-Con fanbase. Check it out below: